Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Whose Knowledge? User Group annual report 2023
Hello wikimedians!

The annual report of Whose Knowledge? is available on Meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Whose_Knowledge%3F/Reports/2023

Here is a short and sweet summary of what you will find in our report:

- The 6th edition of our #VisibleWikiWomen campaign, *#BodyPlurality
#CuerposPlurales #CorposPlurais: Celebrating the full uniqueness of our
plural body sizes, shapes and identities online*, surpassed our goal,
with +3000 images shared on Commons.
- We convened our partners and friends both virtually and in person for
insightful conversations and learnings on decolonizing structured data and
re-thinking the public domain, including at Wikimania 2013.
- In celebration of the International Mother Language Day, we published
our International Sign (IS) translation of the State of the Internet's
Languages (STIL) summary report and started two research-in-action
processes to look at critical language justice issues online.
- We also joined many global and regional gatherings and conferences
where we held workshops, panels and reconnected/joined/supported our
communities at Wikimania, GLAM Wiki Conference, RightsCon, among others.
- We continue to document our stories and those of our communities in
multimodal ways from our Whose Voices? podcast which features interviews of
our 2022 “Decolonizing the Internet East Africa” convening; to our blog,
social media channels and monthly newsletter.

Explore the full report for further details and to explore our thematic
reports and multimedia resources.

Keep updated via our website (https://whoseknowledge.org/), our social
media channels (@whoseknowledge on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook), and
consider subscribing to our newsletter (https://whoseknowledge.org/join/).
You can also connect with us on our Meta discussion page (
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Whose_Knowledge%3F).

In solidarity,

Mariana, Sunshine and the Whose Knowledge? team
--

Mariana Fossatti (she/her/ella)

Decolonizing Wikipedia coordinator | whoseknowledge.org

*Solidarity is not a one-time event
<https://whoseknowledge.org/solidarity-reflections-whose-knowledge/>*

Timezone: GMT -3 (Uruguay)

---

My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obligated to