"Don't Install Mediawiki - PBwiki.com - We can host your wiki
securely, backed up and guarded 24/7."

yay!
Re: MediaWiki as Google Ads keyword [ In reply to ]
Interestingly, I just got that sponsored link on my Gmail ticker.

Re: MediaWiki as Google Ads keyword [ In reply to ]
David Gerard wrote:
> "Don't Install Mediawiki - PBwiki.com - We can host your wiki
> securely, backed up and guarded 24/7."

And in CamelCase, too! Sorry, I like my [[free links]] too much.

Re: MediaWiki as Google Ads keyword [ In reply to ]
On 10/3/06, David Gerard <dgerard@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Don't Install Mediawiki - PBwiki.com - We can host your wiki
> securely, backed up and guarded 24/7."
>
> yay!

Since I suspect most wikispambots are meant to target mediawiki using
software that has a special "not mediawiki" function is not completely
insane.

--
geni
Re: MediaWiki as Google Ads keyword [ In reply to ]
On 03/10/06, geni <geniice@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/3/06, David Gerard <dgerard@gmail.com> wrote:

> > "Don't Install Mediawiki - PBwiki.com - We can host your wiki
> > securely, backed up and guarded 24/7."
> > yay!

> Since I suspect most wikispambots are meant to target mediawiki using
> software that has a special "not mediawiki" function is not completely
> insane.

There are spambots for EVERYTHING. There are spambots for Slash. There
are spambots for Coppermine. Gah.

- d.
Re: MediaWiki as Google Ads keyword [ In reply to ]
On 10/3/06, geni <geniice@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I suspect most wikispambots are meant to target mediawiki using
> software that has a special "not mediawiki" function is not completely
> insane.

That's not the case. Most of the wikis I've seen that were completely
killed by spam were not MediaWiki.

Taking one random link from Wikia's blacklist and searching Google for
"sharella.com" +wiki
shows all the top hits are non-MediaWiki wikis hit with this spam.

Angela.