Mailing List Archive

A little problem
Fyi

Whilst I was away, my computer chose to again get sick. Apparently, fix
up in july did not fix the right thing...

Things are worse this time, since the computer does not restart at all
any more.

And of course, my last back up was 3 weeks ago :-)
Which means that I have no back up of all the emails I got between
roughly 3 weeks ago, and 5 days ago (these are still on the server).
Actually, right now, I have no access to any mails but the last recent
ones, since I first need to install my back-up on my husband laptop.

Which basically means

* Limited internet access planned for the next week to 10 days at least.
If I do not answer to your emails, well, ask yourself if someone else
could help you

* No access to a whole bunch of documents or emails, eg, approval of the
new languages subcom. Or documents to prepare the board retreat. Or
datafeed contractual agreement.

So, thank you in advance for your patience :-)

ant

Re: A little problem [ In reply to ]
dear anthere,

thank you for letting us know. may your computer get well soon after the
"operations" that are necessary now...

all the best,
oscar

Re: A little problem [ In reply to ]
<small> incidently, that means I can not moderate the spc lists.... and
since Villy left, i think no one else is registered but I. Did not you
volunteer once ? If so, can you ask Brion to help you on that ?</small>

Re: A little problem [ In reply to ]
<small>dunno but np, will do</small>

Re: A little problem [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 03:21:48PM +0200, Anthere wrote:
> Fyi
>
> Whilst I was away, my computer chose to again get sick. Apparently, fix
> up in july did not fix the right thing...

Joy. That Should Not Happen.

Basically we should deploy (another) machine at your location and
place it under remote developer control (assuming you have dsl). That
way we can ensure proper backups etc.

read you soon,
Kim
--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key FEF9DD72