--
Andre Engels, andreengels@gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644 -- Skype: a_engels
Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 02:19:34PM +0200, Andre Engels wrote:
> Please block me! Hard!

Errr, ok, why?

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key FEF9DD72
Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
2006/10/2, Kim Bruning <kim@bruning.xs4all.nl>:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 02:19:34PM +0200, Andre Engels wrote:
> > Please block me! Hard!
>
> Errr, ok, why?

I'm of the opinion that some things should not be on Wikipedia. That
seems to be a minority position for which you may be flamed. Rather
than getting those flames over me, I prefer to not be on Wikipedia any
more. Besides, be honest, you all hate me, right?

Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
Nevermind, a block won't help either. I'll just get more fucked up.
Sorry to bother you.

Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
On 02/10/06, Andre Engels <andreengels@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nevermind, a block won't help either. I'll just get more fucked up.
> Sorry to bother you.

This seems quite out of character. Your account hasn't been hacked?
Discussion of concerns has always been a strongpoint for Wikipedia. In
my personal experience, although things can get heated, flames are few
and far between.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill@gmail.com)
Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
On 02/10/06, Oldak Quill <oldakquill@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/10/06, Andre Engels <andreengels@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Nevermind, a block won't help either. I'll just get more fucked up.
> > Sorry to bother you.

> This seems quite out of character. Your account hasn't been hacked?
> Discussion of concerns has always been a strongpoint for Wikipedia. In
> my personal experience, although things can get heated, flames are few
> and far between.

You do realise of course that Mailman believes whatever the "From:"
header tells it.

- d.
Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
David Gerard wrote:

>On 02/10/06, Oldak Quill <oldakquill@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On 02/10/06, Andre Engels <andreengels@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Nevermind, a block won't help either. I'll just get more fucked up.
>>>Sorry to bother you.
>>>

>>This seems quite out of character. Your account hasn't been hacked?
>>Discussion of concerns has always been a strongpoint for Wikipedia. In
>>my personal experience, although things can get heated, flames are few
>>and far between.
>>

>You do realise of course that Mailman believes whatever the "From:"
>header tells it.

This is Andre,

He sometimes gets a bit tempered and than this happens. It happens on
nl.wikipedia sometimes as well. Speaking for myself in an answer to
Andre's question .... no Andre I do not hate you and I cannot imagine
anyone hating you really.

Waerth
Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
006/10/2, Oldak Quill <oldakquill@gmail.com>:

> This seems quite out of character. Your account hasn't been hacked?

Then you don't know my character... I can be rather explosive at times.

> Discussion of concerns has always been a strongpoint for Wikipedia. In
> my personal experience, although things can get heated, flames are few
> and far between.

Well, I don't know which Wikipedia you are on... Sure, discussion is a
strongpoint, but mostly they just function by giving the side who
happens to be in favor of the status quo a reason to revert everything
the other side does for not following due process and flaming over
such actions.

The current issue is that apparently on the Dutch Wikipedia proposing
that some page should be deleted is enough to be flamed at. Definitely
flaming *all* such people at once on the village pump seems to be
acceptable behavior. Well, as said, I am of the opinion that there are
things that don't belong on Wikipedia. But I seem to be in the
minority. Rather than eating up myself and get flamed, I prefer to
step out.

Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
2006/10/2, Walter van Kalken <walter@vankalken.net>:

> He sometimes gets a bit tempered and than this happens. It happens on
> nl.wikipedia sometimes as well. Speaking for myself in an answer to
> Andre's question .... no Andre I do not hate you and I cannot imagine
> anyone hating you really.

You would if you really knew me.

Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
>The current issue is that apparently on the Dutch Wikipedia proposing
>that some page should be deleted is enough to be flamed at. Definitely
>flaming *all* such people at once on the village pump seems to be
>acceptable behavior. Well, as said, I am of the opinion that there are
>things that don't belong on Wikipedia. But I seem to be in the
>minority. Rather than eating up myself and get flamed, I prefer to
>step out.

Well Andre ..... both of us have tried to stop many many many times. But
each time we come back. I guess both of us are to addicted to well and
truly leave, after some time we always come back it is either that or we
just like self flagellation to much.

Waerth
Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 03:39:22PM +0200, Andre Engels wrote:
> Well, I don't know which Wikipedia you are on... Sure, discussion is a
> strongpoint, but mostly they just function by giving the side who
> happens to be in favor of the status quo a reason to revert everything
> the other side does for not following due process and flaming over
> such actions.

Well, come on over to the english wikipedia, where we work by consensus
and where we have a rule called "ignore all rules". Of course, some
people are working hard to undermine that and take control of the wiki,
so ... well there you go. Maybe you can help me at least save
en.wikipedia? :-)

> The current issue is that apparently on the Dutch Wikipedia proposing
> that some page should be deleted is enough to be flamed at.

Oh, that's useful information. Which page is causing the trouble?

read you soon,
Kim.
Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
2006/10/6, Kim Bruning <kim@bruning.xs4all.nl>:

> Well, come on over to the english wikipedia, where we work by consensus
> and where we have a rule called "ignore all rules". Of course, some
> people are working hard to undermine that and take control of the wiki,
> so ... well there you go. Maybe you can help me at least save
> en.wikipedia? :-)

Very doubtful, given that already 3 years ago I fled from en: to nl:
for similar reasons.

> > The current issue is that apparently on the Dutch Wikipedia proposing
> > that some page should be deleted is enough to be flamed at.
>
> Oh, that's useful information. Which page is causing the trouble?

No idea what page it was about. The remarks are rather general.

--
Andre Engels, andreengels@gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644 -- Skype: a_engels

>Well, come on over to the english wikipedia, where we work by consensus
>and where we have a rule called "ignore all rules". Of course, some
>people are working hard to undermine that and take control of the wiki,
>so ... well there you go. Maybe you can help me at least save
>en.wikipedia? :-)

English wikipedia was lost already at the time I discovered wikipedia in
2003 (my god it is long ago). Unfortunately nl: is at the some point en:
was in 2003 and it only gets worse. To many rulefetisjists and police
officer wannabees who think they are enriching the project by telling
other people to follow rules they thought up and putting templates
everywhere. They offcourse do not write anything themselves, but they
are laying down the law on the people who actually enrich the projects.
I have written over 500 articles on nl: And have enough material for
another 500 at least ...... (look at my long list of sources in my space
on nl:) but I feel so much discouraged since the beginning of this year
that I haven't contributed anything worthwhile in months. And it isn't
getting better. All I see is 14-20 year olds coming and laying down
their law and seeing wiki as a way to make a carreer.

We desperately need a refocus on all the bigger languages. Away from
rulefetisjism and playing police officers and back to writing and
sourcing articles. But in the current climate I only see things
deteriorate.

Seriously dissillusioned about the current state of the projects,
Waerth
Re: FUCK OFF! [ In reply to ]
On 06/10/06, Andre Engels <andreengels@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/10/6, Kim Bruning <kim@bruning.xs4all.nl>:

> > Well, come on over to the english wikipedia, where we work by consensus
> > and where we have a rule called "ignore all rules". Of course, some
> > people are working hard to undermine that and take control of the wiki,
> > so ... well there you go. Maybe you can help me at least save
> > en.wikipedia? :-)

> Very doubtful, given that already 3 years ago I fled from en: to nl:
> for similar reasons.

Hey! We're batshit insane, but we're very popular!

- d.