Mailing List Archive

Re: Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007 [ In reply to ]
Ray Saintonge wrote:
> I don't think that it helps the transparency of the process when someone
> like Jimbo begins by supporting a bid before the bidding has seriously
> started. It's the kind of prejudicial comment that tells everyone else
> to give up before they even try. It casts doubt on whether he believes
> that the community has enough maturity to make good choices.

Hmm, I seem to have been very misunderstood. I said "It isn't up to me,
nor should it be" (or words to that effect, you'd have to look it up).
I really meant that.

The committee did a great job this year, and next year's committee will
do a great job too.

I know that my opinions are often viewed as carrying a lot of weight,
and for that I sincerely apologize. I just like Italy. :) It was just
a personal comment.

--Jimbo

Re: Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007 [ In reply to ]
This could be a good idea.

To go in Taipei or in Boston or in Sidney is very expensive for a
wikipedian, and most of all wikipedians are students with a little
bit of money.

To have a Wikimania in each continent could be good to offer an
opportunity to all wikipedians without claims.

Ilario