happen with bidding teams and whoever is interested in freenode
channel #wikimania on September 23rd at 15.00 UTC. The final vote will
be held by the jury afterwards."

Given that the result of the election will likely not be announced
before Monday, should this Wikimania meeting be postponed?
--
Peace & Love,
Erik
Re: Wikimania jury decision - new board member? [ In reply to ]
Good point. We were imagining a faster result. We can still have a
meeting to discuss the bids on Saturday; but may have to push back the
jury vote.

SJ

On 9/21/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> according to
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2007/Bids/Judging#Vote
> "A general meeting (to discuss bids and ask/reply to last-minute
> questions) will be held after the final deadline for completed bids.
> The jury will be as above, plus the new Board member elected in
> September to replace Angela. This meeting will be public and will
> happen with bidding teams and whoever is interested in freenode
> channel #wikimania on September 23rd at 15.00 UTC. The final vote will
> be held by the jury afterwards."
>
> Given that the result of the election will likely not be announced
> before Monday, should this Wikimania meeting be postponed?
> --
> Peace & Love,
> Erik

++SJ
Re: Wikimania jury decision - new board member? [ In reply to ]
On 9/22/06, SJ <2.718281828@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good point. We were imagining a faster result. We can still have a
> meeting to discuss the bids on Saturday; but may have to push back the
> jury vote.

I think the proper response as a member of the jury is - the jury will
meet and consider this point with the members.

-Andrew (User:Fuzheado)
Re: Wikimania jury decision - new board member? [ In reply to ]
The resolution did not require the election judges to report the
results until October 1. Perhaps someone should have read it before
making plans.

Kelly

Re: Wikimania jury decision - new board member? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, September 22, 2006 05:10, Kelly Martin wrote:
> The resolution did not require the election judges to report the
> results until October 1. Perhaps someone should have read it before
> making plans.

>From a purely personal POV, this Saturday is the 'hen night' of a very
good friend of mine, starting at midday. I have had to tell her that I
cannot make most of it due to this meeting (which is fine as I very much
support our bid and will be representing it at the meeting).

If the meeting is to be postponed, could it be done sooner rather than
later in order that I can tell my friend I can be there please!

Thanks! ;-P

Alison
Re: Wikimania jury decision - new board member? [ In reply to ]
On 9/22/06, Alison Wheeler <wikimedia@alisonwheeler.com> wrote:
> On Fri, September 22, 2006 05:10, Kelly Martin wrote:
> > The resolution did not require the election judges to report the
> > results until October 1. Perhaps someone should have read it before
> > making plans.
>
> >From a purely personal POV, this Saturday is the 'hen night' of a very
> good friend of mine, starting at midday. I have had to tell her that I
> cannot make most of it due to this meeting (which is fine as I very much
> support our bid and will be representing it at the meeting).
>
> If the meeting is to be postponed, could it be done sooner rather than
> later in order that I can tell my friend I can be there please!

Alison, if I'm reading correctly, the meeting with the candidate
cities will be held at the schedule time. The only thing in question
is the consequence of the "after" meeting of the jury. Thanks.

-Andrew (User:Fuzheado)
Re: Wikimania jury decision - new board member? [ In reply to ]
I can not say this with 100 % certainty, but the winner will most
probably be announced before Monday.

On 9/22/06, Andrew Lih <andrew.lih@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/22/06, Alison Wheeler <wikimedia@alisonwheeler.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, September 22, 2006 05:10, Kelly Martin wrote:
> > > The resolution did not require the election judges to report the
> > > results until October 1. Perhaps someone should have read it before
> > > making plans.
> >
> > >From a purely personal POV, this Saturday is the 'hen night' of a very
> > good friend of mine, starting at midday. I have had to tell her that I
> > cannot make most of it due to this meeting (which is fine as I very much
> > support our bid and will be representing it at the meeting).
> >
> > If the meeting is to be postponed, could it be done sooner rather than
> > later in order that I can tell my friend I can be there please!
>
> Alison, if I'm reading correctly, the meeting with the candidate
> cities will be held at the schedule time. The only thing in question
> is the consequence of the "after" meeting of the jury. Thanks.
>
> -Andrew (User:Fuzheado)

Best regards,
Jon Harald Søby

Website - http://www.alqualonde.com/