Mailing List Archive

meta pages about Foundation structure (in a sense)...
One idea struck me just now when I saw transcom (eeh, it is not
precise, but transsubcom is too long, not?) page on meta.

If we really would like to involve the community, not regarding
languages, into Foundation activities, may it make a sense for us not
to have multilingual website as the official one, but also
multilingual descriptions aiming to the internal information on meta
in most cases, for example, each committee's description?

Some language have their own page about Election Officials. It is a
new mode of this year. It may make a sense to have descriptions of
other Officials in those languages too?

<negative thought>
Since only English speaking people can be involved into the deepest
level at the end, such multilingualized pages may work simply as red
herrings even at best ...
</negative thought>

Thoughts?
--
Kizu Naoko
Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
Re: meta pages about Foundation structure (in a sense)... [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 08:04:02PM +0900, Aphaia wrote:
> If we really would like to involve the community, not regarding
> languages, into Foundation activities, may it make a sense for us not
> to have multilingual website as the official one, but also
> multilingual descriptions aiming to the internal information on meta
> in most cases, for example, each committee's description?

:-) Sounds good. I might be doing some things to make wiki-translation
easier in the near future too btw.

Gerard Meijssen and Sabine Cretella want me to do some work on OmegaT so
that it can interface directly with mediawiki. *WANT*. I need to make
time somehow...

read you soon,
Kim Bruning

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key FEF9DD72