Mailing List Archive

Serbian admin desysopped (was: Emergency on Wiktionary)
Walter Vermeir wrote:
> Not all wikis are the same. You can not project the situation of EN to
> all other wikis.
>
> I have just done a de-sysop/de-bureaucrat on the Serbian Wikpedia. There
> the have (now) 40 sysops and of those 25 are bureaucrat.
>
> That is from my POV an irresponsible number of bureaucrats. I do not
> know how many active user there are. The have 34700 articles.

Walter, what you did with desysopping that guy was wrong. Everything was
falsified and I have a reason to believe it was all a deed of
Bormalagurski (Wiki Serbia @ meta) whom we had recently desysopped. If
you do a checkuser for the guys two accounts, you'll see a Canadian and
a Spanish IP (the first on meta, the second on sr:). Slaven (who
erroneously got desysopped) never claimed to want to be desysopped and
this is just Boris' vendetta for his own dethronement. I'm a bureaucrat
at sr: wikipedia but I don't want to do the honors of redoing what's
already been done. I think Walter should return the rights. Evidence to
purport my claims is the following:
The account on meta was created a couple of days ago and Slaven is known
to have gone to a vacation at about the same time. He's blocked himself
because he couldn't stand the situation our community was in at that
moment, but he never wanted his rights taken away. Please correct this asap

Filip
Re: Serbian admin desysopped (was: Emergency on Wiktionary) [ In reply to ]
> Walter, what you did with desysopping that guy was wrong. Everything was
> falsified and I have a reason to believe it was all a deed of
> Bormalagurski (Wiki Serbia @ meta) whom we had recently desysopped. If
> you do a checkuser for the guys two accounts, you'll see a Canadian and
> a Spanish IP (the first on meta, the second on sr:). Slaven (who
> erroneously got desysopped) never claimed to want to be desysopped and
> this is just Boris' vendetta for his own dethronement. I'm a bureaucrat
> at sr: wikipedia but I don't want to do the honors of redoing what's
> already been done. I think Walter should return the rights. Evidence to
> purport my claims is the following:
> The account on meta was created a couple of days ago and Slaven is known
> to have gone to a vacation at about the same time. He's blocked himself
> because he couldn't stand the situation our community was in at that
> moment, but he never wanted his rights taken away. Please correct this asap
> Filip

I fixed it. Sorry for the mix-up.

--
Pawe³ 'Ausir' Dembowski
Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

Re: Serbian admin desysopped (was: Emergency on Wiktionary) [ In reply to ]
Walter Vermeir wrote:
> I have just done a de-sysop/de-bureaucrat on the Serbian Wikpedia. There
> the have (now) 40 sysops and of those 25 are bureaucrat.
>
> That is from my POV an irresponsible number of bureaucrats. I do not
> know how many active user there are. The have 34700 articles.

Just to say that no one (including Boris) abused sysop/bureaucrat
rights on Serbian Wikipedia (there were some small incidents related
to admin rights; but enwiki is full of that). Boris abused his
contributor's rights (including a lot of lying on a lot of places,
impersonating other people, making sockpupptes with abusive intentions
etc.).

My POV is that admin/bureaucrat rights should not be a big deal. In
general, people are more responsible with admin/bureaucrat rights, as
well as they are more motivated to contribute to Wikipedia.

Also, there is one important message with such policy: there is no
small faction of people who are keeping rights for themselves; anyone
with good contributions and non-confrontative relations with others
should become admin/bureaucrat.

But, mainstream on the most of Wikimedian projects now is that
admin/bureaucrat permissions are not technical rights for trusted
users, but political power. Such thinking rises in Serbian Wikipedian
community, too. So, it seems that Serbian Wikipedia would have smaller
number/percentage of bureaucrats and admins in the future.