Mailing List Archive

Wikisource list created
On request I've created a mailing list for Wikisource:

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Wikisource list created [ In reply to ]
If listadmins are needed, I'll volunteer.

Essjay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Essjay
Wikipedia:The Free Encyclopedia
http://www.wikipedia.org/

Re: Wikisource list created [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:

>On request I've created a mailing list for Wikisource:

>-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

one a couple of months ago so there should be something on file if that
is required. If there is a standard request template I could take that
to the wikiversity subcommittee of the special projects committee who is
apparently current in charge of resubmitting the proposal modified as
per the stacked Board's request of approximately six months ago, should
you choose to provide a link to that entity.

It might be a bit late since the activity level on Wikiversity seems to
have fallen off quite a bit over the past six months. On the other hand
there might be quite a few participants checking once in a while to find
out whether an actual decision to proceed or to not to proceed has been
reached.

It will be a useful data product even if the Wikicommunities decide to
pass on wikiversity. There has been a lot of general interest shown in
the concept and much of the input could be summarized efficiently for
others to use in implementing the project concept elsewhere. This
would also be useful locally if; after the cleanup phase deletes the
disapproved project from Wikibooks and meta; the community ever decide
to resurrect the project.

Regards,
lazyquasar

Re: Wikisource list created [ In reply to ]
Michael R. Irwin wrote:
> Any chance you could create a wikiversity-l mailing list? I requested
> one a couple of months ago so there should be something on file if that
> is required.

There's been one for some time, but it's in German (wikiversityde-l). Do you
want a separate English list?

I'll need the e-mail addresses of the initial list admin(s) to set one up.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Wikisource list created [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:

>Michael R. Irwin wrote:
>

>>Any chance you could create a wikiversity-l mailing list? I requested
>>one a couple of months ago so there should be something on file if that
>>is required.
>>

>There's been one for some time, but it's in German (wikiversityde-l). Do you
>want a separate English list?

Yes, please.

>I'll need the e-mail addresses of the initial list admin(s) to set one up.
>
>-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Give me a couple of days. I will check with our English organizational
subcommittee and post a notice on the main page (s) soliciting people
interested in helping out with the admin of a list. I will then get
back to you with a consolidated list of email addresses for the initial
list of adminstraters.

Regards,
lazyquasar

Re: Wikisource list created [ In reply to ]
> Any chance you could create a wikiversity-l mailing list? I requested
> one a couple of months ago so there should be something on file if that
> is required. If there is a standard request template I could take that
[cut]

I would like also a "steward-l" list like there is now one for checkusers. I
believe such a list can be useful for the stewards.

Walter
---
contact: walter AT wikipedia DOT be

Re: Wikisource list created [ In reply to ]
On 4/21/06, Brion Vibber <brion@pobox.com> wrote:
> Michael R. Irwin wrote:
> > Any chance you could create a wikiversity-l mailing list? I requested
> > one a couple of months ago so there should be something on file if that
> > is required.
>
> There's been one for some time, but it's in German (wikiversityde-l). Do you
> want a separate English list?
>
> I'll need the e-mail addresses of the initial list admin(s) to set one up.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Brion, I'll volunteer to admin the en.wikiversity list - I do admin
duties on the (inactive) foundation-news-l, and I'm also on that
Wikiversity subcommittee.

Michael, thanks for requesting this.

Cormac