Mailing List Archive

What's up with IdeaTorrent
Hi W,

What is going on with IdeaTorrent? are we going to have one or not? do we
need to have a Meta poll or something?

alnokta
Re: What's up with IdeaTorrent [ In reply to ]
2009/7/31 Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k@gmail.com>:
> Hi W,
>
> What is going on with IdeaTorrent? are we going to have one or not? do we
> need to have a Meta poll or something?

I don't think there's any opposition to implementing one. I think for
us to officially set it up we'd want to rig it up with CentralAuth to
avoid yet-another-login-database and simplify participation, and it's
simply not been justifiable to make the necessary
evaluation/customization/setup work a priority for the ops team. If
someone wants to start setting it up externally to play with the idea,
please don't hesitate to do so.

Right now we're looking into deploying Aaron's ReaderFeedback
extension to sort through the ideas posted to
<strategy.wikimedia.org>. It's a simple "rate this page" widget with
flexibly defined categories.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: What's up with IdeaTorrent [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Erik Moeller <erik@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> 2009/7/31 Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k@gmail.com>:
> > Hi W,
> >
> > What is going on with IdeaTorrent? are we going to have one or not? do we
> > need to have a Meta poll or something?
>
> I don't think there's any opposition to implementing one. I think for
> us to officially set it up we'd want to rig it up with CentralAuth to
> avoid yet-another-login-database and simplify participation, and it's
> simply not been justifiable to make the necessary
> evaluation/customization/setup work a priority for the ops team.

I see. Is it possible for CentralAuth to interface with a postgresql
database? (if not, then we would have to wait for mysql support in IT
version 2). Thanks Erik.

alnokta