Mailing List Archive

Call for candidates closing
Hi folks,

This is a reminder that July 27 is the final day to present yourself
as a candidate for the Wikimedia Foundation's Board of Trustees.
Candidate submissions must be in by 23:59 (UTC) tomorrow. Voting will
begin at the earliest practical point on July 28 (hopefully shortly
after candidate submissions closes, but that really depends on how
long it takes Tim to work his magic that makes the voting extension
run on the SPI servers).

I know I speak for the full committee when I thank Tim for his work to
make the technical end of this happen, and extend our deep
appreciation to Software in the Public Interest (and particularly
Michael Schultheiss) for their part in hosting the election on their
servers. They are very kind to do this for the third year in a row.

I also would like to point out that although we are theoretically
accepting candidates until 23:59 UTC, candidates MUST have their
identity confirmation to the Foundation prior to standing in the
election, so practically speaking I would encourage any remaining
candidates to present themselves very soon.

For the election committee,
Philippe

Re: Call for candidates closing [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Philippe
Beaudette<pbeaudette@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> election, so practically speaking I would encourage any remaining
> candidates to present themselves very soon.

...especially since their statement needs to be translated into ~40
languages and last minute entries make a *ton* more work for everyone,
including translators, election committee/volunteers, Cary to identify
everyone.

So if possible, I'd like to stress Philippe's "no last minute
candidates" suggestion. :-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023