------Original Message------
From: Thomas Dalton
Sender: foundation-l-bounces@lists.wikimedia.org
ReplyTo: Wikimedia Foundation Mailing List
Sent: Jul 11, 2009 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] About that "sue and be damned" to the NationalPortrait Gallery ...

2009/7/11 Geoffrey Plourde <geo.plrd@yahoo.com>:
> Lets finish up the press releases and drop this thread. NPG can read it too. Has a US press release been sent out?

I doubt it. The WMF handles US press releases and they aren't stupid
enough to talk to the press until they know what they're talking
about.

Re: About that "sue and be damned" to the NationalPortrait Gallery ... [ In reply to ]
2009/7/11 Sue Gardner <susanpgardner@gmail.com>:
> Point of clarification -- the Wikimedia Foundation sends out press releases to international media, not just US media.  We have no plans to send out a press release on this issue.

Of course, what I meant was that only the WMF sends press releases to
US media, not that the WMF only sends press releases to US media.

Re: About that "sue and be damned" to the NationalPortrait Gallery ... [ In reply to ]
Sure. Actually the New York chapter probably sends some press releases to US media too; I'm not sure.