Tomorrow is the main cultural event for Meadow Maris and they will
have Wikipedia for that day. Because of that, I asked the Board and
WMF tech staff to create the project more quickly than usually.

Meadow Mari [2] is one of three Finnic languages spoken by Mari people
in Russia. All three languages have somewhat more than 600.000
speakers.

[1] - http://mhr.wikipedia.org/
[2] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mari_language

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
This is lovely! I know it has been under discussion for quite some
time, congratulations. Will there be coverage of the cultural event
on the new project? -sj

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 22:29, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Meadow Mari [2] is one of three Finnic languages spoken by Mari people
> in Russia. All three languages have somewhat more than 600.000
> speakers.

Three? I though two.

--
אמיר אלישע אהרוני
Amir Elisha Aharoni

http://aharoni.wordpress.com

"We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace." - T. Moore

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Amir E. Aharoni<amir.aharoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 22:29, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Meadow Mari [2] is one of three Finnic languages spoken by Mari people
>> in Russia. All three languages have somewhat more than 600.000
>> speakers.
>
> Three? I though two.

Yes. Right. I misread ISO 639-3 codes:
* chm – Mari (Russia)
* mhr – Eastern Mari
* mrj – Western Mari

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Samuel Klein<meta.sj@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is lovely!  I know it has been under discussion for quite some
> time, congratulations.   Will there be coverage of the cultural event
> on the new project?  -sj

I hope so, but I don't have any information about that.

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
I am glad to see that opening of Meadow Mari Wikipedia at right time
matters: http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3AMillosh&diff=1556460&oldid=1540013

I'll ask Sai to write something about their event here.

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Milos Rancic<millosh@gmail.com> wrote:
> First, I want to thank to Tim who created the project [1] today.
> Tomorrow is the main cultural event for Meadow Maris and they will
> have Wikipedia for that day. Because of that, I asked the Board and
> WMF tech staff to create the project more quickly than usually.
>
> [1] - http://mhr.wikipedia.org/

I don't want to spoil the fun, but I still get a "Wiki does not exist"
message on that URL.

--
André Engels, andreengels@gmail.com

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Andre Engels<andreengels@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't want to spoil the fun, but I still get a "Wiki does not exist"
> message on that URL.

Ah, bad Tim. He opened it just for me ;) I think that it is a DNS
problem. It is working for me since Tim resolved the bug.

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Milos Rancic<millosh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Andre Engels<andreengels@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't want to spoil the fun, but I still get a "Wiki does not exist"
>> message on that URL.
>
> Ah, bad Tim. He opened it just for me ;) I think that it is a DNS
> problem. It is working for me since Tim resolved the bug.

It is working for me now. No idea whether that is because something
has changed in the meantime (DNS might well be the reason, it's not
uncommon for that to take a few hours to settle) or because I am now
using another internet connection.

--
André Engels, andreengels@gmail.com

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
> And for one grope I had introduced Wikipedia myself.

Sounds like a bargain. But I think we have laws about conduct in the
workplace here in the UK that may preclude this business model,
unfortunately.

Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia [ In reply to ]
LOL!

2009/7/28 Bod Notbod <bodnotbod@gmail.com>

> > And for one grope I had introduced Wikipedia myself.
>
> Sounds like a bargain. But I think we have laws about conduct in the
> workplace here in the UK that may preclude this business model,
> unfortunately.

Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by