http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/pnt/%CE%92%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%B9%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%AF%CE%B4%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%B1:%CE%91%CE%B4%CE%B1%CE%BA%CE%AC_%CF%88%CE%B7%CF%86%CE%AF%CE%B6%CE%BF%CE%BC%CE%B5%CE%BD_%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%B1_%CE%BD%CE%BF%CE%BC%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%AC%CE%BD%CF%84%CF%82

Best wishes,
ZaDiak
Re: Elections in the pontic wikipedia [ In reply to ]
Hello,

why should a wiki have a bureaucrat before it is created?

A lot of small wikis doesn't have a crat and stewards will do the job.

The same for admins, why not keep the test admins. I don't see why it
is important to have admins before a wiki is created or has a
comnunety.

Best regards,

--
Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

Re: Elections in the pontic wikipedia [ In reply to ]
Hoi,
Have a look at the Incubator, at the project request, they ARE the people
who will be the Pontic Wikipedia community. There is nothing wrong with the
stewards but when there is no need for them, they will be the last to
complain.
Thanks,
GerardM

Re: Elections in the pontic wikipedia [ In reply to ]
While we can always learn from best practices, I firmly believe it's
best to leave local governance to local communities.

If they want to have admins and crats, and have set up an election
system with appropriate controls and a system of checks and balances,
good for them.

__________________
Philippe|Wiki
philippe.wiki@gmail.com

[[en:User:Philippe]]

Re: Elections in the pontic wikipedia [ In reply to ]
+1 on them having their own crat and admins since they were approved, what
possible harm could that have? they can always self-correct as the community
gets bigger is the choices are not optimum.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Philippe|Wiki <philippe.wiki@gmail.com>wrote:

> While we can always learn from best practices, I firmly believe it's
> best to leave local governance to local communities.
>
> If they want to have admins and crats, and have set up an election
> system with appropriate controls and a system of checks and balances,
> good for them.
>

> __________________
> Philippe|Wiki
> philippe.wiki@gmail.com
>
> [[en:User:Philippe]]
>

> On Jan 27, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Huib Laurens wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > why should a wiki have a bureaucrat before it is created?
> >
> > A lot of small wikis doesn't have a crat and stewards will do the job.
> >
> > The same for admins, why not keep the test admins. I don't see why it
> > is important to have admins before a wiki is created or has a
> > comnunety.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >

> > --
> > Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
> >
> > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

Best Regards,
Muhammad Alsebaey
Re: Elections in the pontic wikipedia [ In reply to ]
This indeed. Good for them for dealing with these issues in advance
rather than waiting until the need for a crat is critical.
-Dan

Re: Elections in the pontic wikipedia [ In reply to ]
Hello,

The previous week, we the pontic wikipedia community arranged a meeting in
our channel in IRC chat. There we thought that we should make elections in
order to be prepared for the creation of the wiki and so we decided who
would be the candidates for administrators and that we should also have a
buro because we wanted to handle our issues on our own so we decided our
candidate for bureacracy as well.

P.S. As I saw that there has been a misunderstanding in what I said before
we will ask for nomination AFTER the wiki will be created.

Best wishes,
ZaDiak

Re: Elections in the pontic wikipedia [ In reply to ]
Sorry, I only later saw that the pontic Wikipedia is still not created. It
would be not good to have non created Wikipedias in the list of Tell Us.
Kind regards
Ziko

2009/1/27 Zaharias Diakonikolaou <zadiak1993@gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> The previous week, we the pontic wikipedia community arranged a meeting in
> our channel in IRC chat. There we thought that we should make elections in
> order to be prepared for the creation of the wiki and so we decided who
> would be the candidates for administrators and that we should also have a
> buro because we wanted to handle our issues on our own so we decided our
> candidate for bureacracy as well.
>
> P.S. As I saw that there has been a misunderstanding in what I said before
> we will ask for nomination AFTER the wiki will be created.
>
> Best wishes,
> ZaDiak
>
> 2009/1/27 Zaharias Diakonikolaou <zadiak1993@gmail.com>
>
> > The pontic wikipedia (which has been approved but it hasn't been created
> > yet) is running elections to vote its admins and bureaucrats. This is
> done
> > as a preparation for our creation, in order to be ready for the moment
> when
> > we can finally start for real.
> >
> > Everyone who would like to vote is welcome to do so.
> >
> > The vote page is
> >
> http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/pnt/%CE%92%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%B9%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%AF%CE%B4%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%B1:%CE%91%CE%B4%CE%B1%CE%BA%CE%AC_%CF%88%CE%B7%CF%86%CE%AF%CE%B6%CE%BF%CE%BC%CE%B5%CE%BD_%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%B1_%CE%BD%CE%BF%CE%BC%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%AC%CE%BD%CF%84%CF%82
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > ZaDiak

Ziko van Dijk
NL-Silvolde