for all Wikimedian projects. Maybe, it should be even a default in
MonoBook skin on MediaWiki.

[1] - http://pl.wikinews.org/wiki/Strona_g%C5%82%C3%B3wna

Re: Emphasis on "edit" [ In reply to ]
2008/12/22 Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com>:
> Many times we raised the issue that many (maybe majority of) users of
> Wikimedia content don't realize that it is possible to edit pages on
> Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. Last time I was talking about
> it a couple of days ago, during the conference in Belgrade, with a
> Polish Wikimedian, Marcin Cieslak.
>
> I was thinking about some big button "edit" on every page. And, by
> accident, I realized now that Polish Wikinews emphasized their "edit"
> button [1]. I think that this may be a good thing for the beginning
> for all Wikimedian projects. Maybe, it should be even a default in
> MonoBook skin on MediaWiki.

Yes. We did it also on Polish Wikipedia. But it won't change too much
:-) An interesting MediaWiki interface was developed by "Wolne
Podrêczniki" (free handbooks) project, where button "edit" is really
well visible:

http://wiki.wolnepodreczniki.pl/Fizyka

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
Re: Emphasis on "edit" [ In reply to ]
Dnia 22 grudnia 2008 20:42 "Tomasz Ganicz" <polimerek@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> 2008/12/22 Milos Rancic :
> > Many times we raised the issue that many (maybe majority of) users of
> > Wikimedia content don't realize that it is possible to edit pages on
> > Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. Last time I was talking about
> > it a couple of days ago, during the conference in Belgrade, with a
> > Polish Wikimedian, Marcin Cieslak.
> >
> > I was thinking about some big button "edit" on every page. And, by
> > accident, I realized now that Polish Wikinews emphasized their "edit"
> > button [1]. I think that this may be a good thing for the beginning
> > for all Wikimedian projects. Maybe, it should be even a default in
> > MonoBook skin on MediaWiki.
> >

> Yes. We did it also on Polish Wikipedia. But it won't change too much
> :-) An interesting MediaWiki interface was developed by "Wolne
> Podręczniki" (free handbooks) project, where button "edit" is really
> well visible:
>
> http://wiki.wolnepodreczniki.pl/Fizyka

Polish Wikipedia enabled the MediaWiki extension flagged revisions in this time: "edit" - 07.11.2008, flaggedrevs - 17.11.2008

we have 11k-12k edits per day, but also 2,5k-3k revisions

stats: http://tinyurl.com/9e73q5

przykuta