* Others get some idea to talk about.
* The new iteration of discussion begins.

So, let's try: This list became dead once again!

Re: The new iteration [ In reply to ]
2008/12/8, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com>:
> Anybody alive?
>
> The iteration goes like:
> * I start to talk about low activity on the list.
> * Erik mentions that new step toward license migration has been happened.
> * Others get some idea to talk about.
> * The new iteration of discussion begins.
>
> So, let's try: This list became dead once again!

This is a very good moment to unsubscribe from this list. A mailing
list is a platform to announce things and to inform many people of
something important, it is not a place to discuss. The foundation-l
consists to 99% of absolutely useless discussions about things that
should really be discussed in public (e.g. on Meta or Foundationwiki),
and now people start writing something without even having something
to say and discuss about the "low" activity. Ridiculous.

Th.

Re: The new iteration [ In reply to ]
> This is a very good moment to unsubscribe from this list. A mailing
> list is a platform to announce things and to inform many people of
> something important, it is not a place to discuss.

Since when?

Re: The new iteration [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I don't believe this list is dead or useless.

I recieve more than one email a day and follow most discussions.
Because the are intressting. (I am not always involved in the
discussion but i read everything.)

Huib

--
Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

Re: The new iteration [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Thomas Goldammer <thogol@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/8, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com>:
>> Anybody alive?
>>
>> The iteration goes like:
>> * I start to talk about low activity on the list.
>> * Erik mentions that new step toward license migration has been happened.
>> * Others get some idea to talk about.
>> * The new iteration of discussion begins.
>>
>> So, let's try: This list became dead once again!
>>

> This is a very good moment to unsubscribe from this list. A mailing
> list is a platform to announce things and to inform many people of
> something important, it is not a place to discuss.

I think this would be a moment to review the description at

which is rather historic and looks funny nowadays...but still...where
was it, ever, said that foundation-l should be a kind of
"announce-only" list? In fact, I very much favor it for discussions,
if only because you can actually (selectively) quote people's replies
which is as of yet still not possible in MediaWiki (as deployed
currently on the Wikimedia wikis -- talking about extensions which are
not switched on is somewhat pointless here)

Michael

--
Michael Bimmler
mbimmler@gmail.com

Re: The new iteration [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody alive?
>
> The iteration goes like:
> * I start to talk about low activity on the list.
> * Erik mentions that new step toward license migration has been happened.
> * Others get some idea to talk about.
> * The new iteration of discussion begins.
>
> So, let's try: This list became dead once again!

I was wrong... I didn't get an email from foundation-l since December
4th. But, I didn't check the archive until I realized that it is very
uncommon not to see any reaction after a joke. So, I saw that
everything is fine; there is no need to repeat the iteration :)

Re: The new iteration [ In reply to ]
If the list is dead, it is because there is nothing to discuss at this
time. This isn't a forum. Someone will bring a new topic in as
appropriate, which is far preferable to trying to keep this list active
and clog our inboxes with less relevant discussions, surely?