Mailing List Archive

Re: mo.wikipedia.org [ In reply to ]
effe iets anders schrieb:
> Now you really dont sound like a nationalist, nor do you give the impression
> of being non-neutral, right? I think you clearly show why no hasty decisions
> should be made :)

"Hasty decisions"? mo.wikipedia is freezed since March 2006! A decision
should be made. Either Cyrillic Moldovan is legitimate - then it should
be reopened - or it is not legitimate - then it should be closed
altogether. Or it is legitimate, but not as a project of its own, but as
an automatic transcription of the Latin Romanian content - then this
should be implemented.

There are 401 articles in the freezed Wikipedia. Some empty, some short,
some messed up, some quite comprehensive. Most of them translations
(well, actually transliterations, not translations) of Romanian
articles. Romanian articles of 2006, of course. Whatever you think about
the legitimacy of Cyrillic Moldovan, this project in its current state
is quite useless as a source of information. To keep it as it is and to
do nothing, is the worst decision that can be made.

The facts are established, there are no big open issues. We just have to
establish decisions. No hasty decisions, but nonetheless prompt decisions.

This is the foundation mailing list. Foundation executives should read
it and act upon issues raised on this list. If they don't, this list is
completely useless. Renaming the project to mo-cyrillic would be a
logical step, but it's not a solution. Please act now. Go.

Marcus Buck

Re: mo.wikipedia.org [ In reply to ]
How would that not be a solution? I mean, I personally favor automatic
transliteration of ro.wp, but there are lots of issues with that.

Mark