cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: Metagovernment project (Interested in a Volunteer Council?) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Brianna Laugher
<brianna.laugher@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are interested in the Volunteer Council idea, maybe you will
> enjoy looking at Metagovernment.
> <http://www.metagovernment.org/wiki/Main_Page>
>
> It kind of looks like slashdot-style karma plus... I'm not sure what
> else. There might be some interesting ideas for us though. Or, we
> might be able to point out ideas that we know won't work. ;)

Nice idea, but CC-BY-NC-SA.

Re: Metagovernment project (Interested in a Volunteer Council?) [ In reply to ]
2008/8/12 Milos Rancic <millosh@gmail.com>:
>> It kind of looks like slashdot-style karma plus... I'm not sure what
>> else. There might be some interesting ideas for us though. Or, we
>> might be able to point out ideas that we know won't work. ;)
>
> Nice idea, but CC-BY-NC-SA.

I was suggesting to read it and absorb the ideas, not copy it wholesale. :)

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: Metagovernment project (Interested in a Volunteer Council?) [ In reply to ]
Milos Rancic wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Brianna Laugher
> <brianna.laugher@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you are interested in the Volunteer Council idea, maybe you will
>> enjoy looking at Metagovernment.
>> <http://www.metagovernment.org/wiki/Main_Page>
>>
>> It kind of looks like slashdot-style karma plus... I'm not sure what
>> else. There might be some interesting ideas for us though. Or, we
>> might be able to point out ideas that we know won't work. ;)
>>

> Nice idea, but CC-BY-NC-SA.

I like the idea of a slashdot-style karma governmental thing, but the
Metagovernment page looked brand new (recent changes showed very little
activity) and I was completely unable to find any examples of it in action.

-Dan