Mailing List Archive

Fwd: A wiki where every article is a real medical case
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikael Häggström <haggstrom.mikael@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:31 PM
Subject: A wiki where every article is a real medical case
To: foundation-l-owner@lists.wikimedia.org

Good day

A proposal of a new Sister Project, called Wikisick is started.

It is a wiki where every article is a real medical case. Basically,
the victims of diseases write the symptoms and upload interactive
media, and any medically interested person describes it.

See proposal details for Wikisick.

Best regards

Mikael Häggström

--
Michael Bimmler
mbimmler@gmail.com

Re: Fwd: A wiki where every article is a real medical case [ In reply to ]
From: Mikael Häggström <haggstrom.mikael@gmail.com>

> A proposal of a new Sister Project, called Wikisick is started.
> It is a wiki where every article is a real medical case. Basically,
> the victims of diseases write the symptoms and upload interactive
> media, and any medically interested person describes it.

Possibly redundant with existing non-Wikimedia projects:

http://askdrwiki.com/
http://www.ganfyd.org/

Both of these restrict contribution to medical professionals,
presumably for quality of content.

- d.
Re: Fwd: A wiki where every article is a real medical case [ In reply to ]
Mikael;
I can see a lot of promise in this idea. I think you should approach CDC with it though, because they would have the resources to make it more productive.
Sincerely;
Geoff