to /bin, did not help...

Please help!
Thanks
libgcrypt.so.11 missing [ In reply to ]
Stefan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i am quite a newbie, so i cannot give any more details, but: I would like to
>use the vpnc. I needed to install libgcrypt and the gnp-error lib. Did that,
>than make from vpnc worked. Copied the file vpnc to /bin and executed
>vpnc-connect.
>
>Now this is what it tells me:
>
>error while loading shared libraries: ligcrypt.so.11 cannot open shared object
>file: no such file in directory.

run ldconfig as root.

>The thing is: this file is in /usr/local/lib, so is exists. Copied this file
>to /bin, did not help...

remove the library from /bin. Leave it in /usr/local/lib where it belongs.

If your problem persists, post the output of "ldd /bin/vpnc"

-b
libgcrypt.so.11 missing [ In reply to ]
Stefan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i am quite a newbie, so i cannot give any more details, but: I would like to
>use the vpnc. I needed to install libgcrypt and the gnp-error lib. Did that,
>than make from vpnc worked. Copied the file vpnc to /bin and executed
>vpnc-connect.
>
>Now this is what it tells me:
>
>error while loading shared libraries: ligcrypt.so.11 cannot open shared object
>file: no such file in directory.
>
>The thing is: this file is in /usr/local/lib, so is exists. Copied this file
>to /bin, did not help...

Hi,

Have a look in your ld.so.conf in /etc - is /usr/local/lib mentioned
there? Add it if it is not and after that do a "ldconfig". "ldconfig -v"
will list you all installed libs.

Marco.