Mailing List Archive

vpnc for Nortel and SecurID (success)
Hi,

For anyone out there wondering if vpnc + Nortel + SecurID works, I can confirm
that it does. I followed the following steps:

Download the vpnc-nortel branch revision 517 from

http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/branches/vpnc-nortel/

apply the following patch (one chunk will fail, apply that chunk manually):

http://lists.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/pipermail/vpnc-devel/attachments/20110823/4aeede62/attachment.obj

Here is my entire vpnc.conf:

Vendor nortel
Nortel Client ID V06_01
NAT Traversal Mode none
kernel ipsec
Script vpnc-script-osx
IPSec ID insert_group_id_here
IPSec secret insert_group_secret here
IPSec gateway insert_domain_or_ip_address_here

vpnc-script-osx is from this page:

http://www.ynform.org/w/Pub/VpncConfigurationScriptOsX

Which is my transcription and slight modification of this script:

http://lists.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/pipermail/vpnc-devel/attachments/20091017/a63f103b/attachment.obj

The main difference is that my script looks for a file called "searchdomains"
in the configuration directory, and adds any domains it finds there to the DNS
search list.

These changes these script make to the current interface and IP configuration
may not work if there are hard-coded (static) IP addresses assigned to the
same interface in "System Preferences". In that case, it's probably necessary
to adjust DNS settings manually, or improve the scripts.

--
Poor Yorick
Re: vpnc for Nortel and SecurID (success) [ In reply to ]
Hi Yorick - wondering if you are you able to get it to run DH8 IKE, or just DH5?

John

Re: vpnc for Nortel and SecurID (success) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 08:05:36PM -0400, John Francis wrote:
> Hi Yorick - wondering if you are you able to get it to run DH8 IKE, or just DH5?
>
> John

I needed dh2, so that's all I tried.

--
Poor Yorick