Mailing List Archive

vpnc-nortel Mac OS 10.7 Lion - no traffic through VPN connection
Guys, please give me some clues how to make it working

I installed macports and required libraries according this manual:
http://www.macfreek.nl/memory/VPNC_for_Nortel_on_Mac,
applied patch as advised:

svn co -r464 http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/branches/vpnc-nortel
cd vpnc-nortel
wget -O patch-20110823.diff \
http://lists.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/pipermail/vpnc-devel/attachments/20110823/4aeede62/attachment.obj

I got this error:
Couldn't open socket of ESP. Maybe something registered ESP already.
Please try '--natt-mode force-natt' or disable whatever is using ESP.
socket(PF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_ESP): Protocol wrong type for socket

I added kernel ipsec into config,
so my config is like this:

kernel ipsec
IPSec gateway vpn.myemp.com
IPSec ID groupid
IPSec secret grouppass

Vendor nortel
Nortel Client ID V06_01
IKE DH Group dh2
IKE Authmode PIN-token
NAT Traversal Mode natt

Xauth username myusername
Xauth PIN mypin

I'm connecting using sudo /etc/vpnc --natt-mode force-natt,

and finally I gor vpnc successfully connected and authorized

but I cannot reach any resource in the employer network or Internet
(Internet is available inside VPN via web proxy with authorization , but I
cannot ping proxy itself )

Actually I can't ping anything inside VPN network, beside gateway address

It seems like routing problem, but I printed routing table, and it isn't
much different from the one from Windows machine

Best regards

Victor Mikhailov