Mailing List Archive

nat-t-03 and ipsec-lifetime config value
Hi,

i will also send my fix from october to you.
This fix also include the nat-t-03 fix and a configurable IPsec lifetime
duration.
This patch doesn't solve the general problem with the lifetime, but it
makes i configurable.
I hope it will help s.o.

Greetings Sebastian

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Brabänder IT
Sebastian Brabänder

Silvanerstrasse 12
55278 Mommenheim

Telefon : +49 (0) 6138 / 925134
Fax : +49 (0) 6138 / 949857
eMail : sebastian@brabaender-it.de
WWW : http://www.brabaender-it.de
Ust.-Id.: DE265488516
Re: nat-t-03 and ipsec-lifetime config value [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:33 AM, Sebastian Brabänder
<sebastian@brabaender-it.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i will also send my fix from october to you.
> This fix also include the nat-t-03 fix and a configurable IPsec lifetime
> duration.

Hi Sebastian,
thanks for your patch.

Your patch is against SVN commit r464, while current head is r481.
The nat-t-03 is already added since r466 and r467.

> This patch doesn't solve the general problem with the lifetime, but it makes
> i configurable.

From my understanding, in r468 and r469 was committed a different way
to solve same issue.
Would be valuable if you could confirm it fixes your issue too.

> I hope it will help s.o.
>
> Greetings Sebastian

Best Regards,
Antonio Borneo
Re: nat-t-03 and ipsec-lifetime config value [ In reply to ]
Am 21.12.2011 22:33, schrieb Sebastian Brabänder:

> Hi,
>
> i will also send my fix from october to you.
> This fix also include the nat-t-03 fix and a configurable IPsec lifetime
> duration.
> This patch doesn't solve the general problem with the lifetime, but it
> makes i configurable.

I think this should no longer be necessary since current vpnc now
applies the timeout it gets from the fritzbox, so "hardcoding" it via an
option is not necessary.

Best regards,

Stefan
--