Mailing List Archive

[patch, RFC] restart after lifetime exceeded
Hi all,

the attached patch against the vpnc-nortel branch makes
vpnc basically restart after the lifetime of the connection is exceeded.

When connecting to a Fritz!Box VPN, the lifetime is negotiated with the
previous patch to 3600 seconds. After this time has passed, the
connection simply stops working, the server seems to not respond
anymore. After a few additional minutes, the dead peer detection kicks
in and vpnc exits.

This patch makes vpnc proactively restart itself after the lifetime
expired, which makes for very short interruptions in the connection.

I know that it is not acceptable in its current form (e.g. it's
whitespace damaged, but this makes for easier to review less changes),
however, I was not able to fix this problem in a better way ;-)

Probably the same could be achieved with a wrapper script that simply
restarts vpnc in a loop. However, I'm wanting to use vpnc from the
NetworkManager plugin and there the script is not really an option, as
is waiting for the dead peer detection to kick in.

Best regards,

Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"