Private tel +47 22606076 WWW http://www.nvg.unit.no/~rsc

jeg lukker et oye og ser halvt
jeg lukker begge og ser alt -- seigmen
Re: VNC comments [ In reply to ]
In message <34F2D448.40C210D9@vingmed.no>, Robert Schmidt writes:
>I'm impressed. VNC satisfies a number of our immediate needs, even
>though the current release is quite coarse.
>
>Especially the accessability of the *clipboard* makes VNC much more
>useful than for example Timbuktu Pro and NetOp (on NT 4.0).
>
>I miss these features:
>
>1) NT server should survive log-off
>2) Ctrl+alt+del is not passed to the NT server (there should be an
> extra button in the viewer(s) for this). This is required to
> unlock a locked NT workstation.

These are the things I noticed first, too, 30 minutes after
downloading :-)

The other thing is that if you have the "Auto hide" option
on the Windows Task bar, it can be a little tricky to bring it
up. (I know ... don't do auto-hide then :-) But perhaps some
edge resistance on the X window might help this.

Someone mentioned the dependance that VNC has on someone
logging on to (auto-) start the server. Well I s'spose you could
start it as an NT service so that you can run it all the time.
I have not done this before but it sounds like it is not too
hard to do. Anyone? You would have to fix (2) above to make
this work I guess.

Another thing I noticed is a cosmetic issue: the windows background
appears has a random colour and then is painted by black slowly with
each mouse move. Is this a consequence of colour-depth differences
between server and client?

BTW, I think it's awesome too.

--
-Matt