Mailing List Archive

vnc viewers on Android
I have a Kindle Fire with CyanogenMod (Android version 4.2.1) and a
Saumsung/Google Nexus 4 also running Android 4.2.1. It looks like I can
get a terminal and bash running easily enough. I think I get ssh running
in bash, but not sure yet about port forwarding.

I see that the Google Play store has an android-vnc-viewer (free) and a
RealVNC viewer ($9.99). The former is produced by "androidVNC team +
antlersoft" and the latter by RealVNC Limited.

I would be very happy to send $10 to the RealVNC folks after all they've
done for me. I mean 15 years of using the free version, and relying on
their help on this list, I've really ripped them off! It's the least I
could do in return.

Has anyone been using either/both of these Android-based VNC viewers? I
especially want to be able to run it in an ssh tunnel -- have any of you
done that on Android?

Mike