Mailing List Archive

building RealVNC
Hi,

I'm trying to compile RealVNC (the free version) on Debian GNU/Linux 6.0. I
read the unix/README file and I have built all binaries except Xvnc. I
downloaded XFree86 4.3.0 and I applied the xc.patch. After this I used the
"make World" command but I can't find the Xvnc binary.

Also I found the "unix/xc/programs/Xserver/vnc" directory in the RealVNC
tarball and tried to compile it. I added all needed includes from XFree86
4.3.0 but I'm receiving strange errors, for example:
xvnc.cc:39:9: error: "xor" cannot be used as a macro name as it is an
operator in C++
or
/usr/include/bits/xopen_lim.h:95:6: error: missing binary operator before
token "sizeof"

What's wrong? Is there actual instruction to compile RealVNC?

Thanks,
Eugen