Mailing List Archive

VNC viewer does not show the top panel
Hi,

I used to use Putty and VNCviewer on my Laptop with Windows7 to connect to a
linux machine in our university and everything was fine until I tried to
connect to this machine using another computer with Ubuntu and xvnc4viewer.
The top panel which shows time, date, applications and other menus is now
missing. Also the bottom task bar is missing. Everything esle is fine. I
have my icons (Computer, Home, Trash) on the desktop. I can get a terminal
by right-clicking on the screen.

After this, I have the same problem everywhere even with Putty on Windows7.

Can anybody helpme please?

Regards
medimont