Mailing List Archive

vncviewer failing with - connection reset with peer
Hi,

I have been using the same version of VNC viewer 4.1 on windows and VNC
server on unix platform. for a very long time.

It has been working fine all along. The server has been running on
solaris-unix for last 2 months. i am using the vncviewer from my windows box
working fine for last 4 years. Suddenly from yesterday, i was not able to
connect to the server and getting the following message.

read: connection reset by peer.
(or too many security failures)

I cannot connect to the same server using tightvnc from linux ubuntu box
which have. But my windows box is displaying the above error message.
1. i tried restarting the vncserver on the solaris box, but it did not
help.
2. I installed older and latest version of vncviewer and it didnot help.
3. i tried Tightvnc viewer on my windows box, and it is erroring out witht
he below message
(ReadExact: SocketIPV4 error while reading)

any other idea please, why this could have gone wrong suddenly !!!! ?

Thanks

--
:) kiru

503 533 8682 (cell)