I used VNC a couple of years ago, and have recently comeback to it. I
previoulsy used it as a remote viewer, but now I'm looking for more
functionality. specifically, I would like to mount local disks, sync
folders between local and remote folders, scripting, etc. From
googling I don't think this sort of thing is supported, but I thought
I would post the question to the mailing list just in case of
incompetent searching.

Thanks in advance, Richard

Re: folder sync and other features [ In reply to ]
On 13-11-2010 14:28, Richard George wrote:
> I used VNC a couple of years ago, and have recently comeback to it. I
> previoulsy used it as a remote viewer, but now I'm looking for more
> functionality. specifically, I would like to mount local disks, sync
> folders between local and remote folders, scripting, etc. From
> googling I don't think this sort of thing is supported, but I thought
> I would post the question to the mailing list just in case of
> incompetent searching.
By default, in the origional vnc it's only display, keyboard and mouse.
There are deriviates that do some more. Peek at UltraVNC, TrueVNC and
similar alternate names.

Hoever, I think you are msWindows based at both desktop and remote
system. Then RDP (RemoteDeskTop) is more suitable, that can connect
disks and sound at the click of your mouse.

CBee