I will be running the server on HPUX, and only the viewer on windows 7.

Thank you for your advice.
Norma Jean

RE: VNC server on HP, viewer on Win 7 [ In reply to ]
I've used RealVNC in mixed environments recently. It seems you only need to
pay for the software if it contains a server - the viewers can be downloaded
separately and run without charge. So, you can download whichever viewer is
appropriate for the platform (and run it on 7), and it should interact
successfully with the server on HPUX.

Phil, London