Mailing List Archive

Real VNC Windows Authentication no longer working out of the blue
Hi,

I have been successfully using Real VNC Enterprise Edition Server v 4.4.4 on
a Windows XP pro machine within a Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain for
around 18 months. I am using Windows Authentication to authenticate clients
from other Windows XP Pro client machines. This morning the server ceased
to accept connections from any of my client machines, the client machine
receiving "An authentication error occurred. See the server error log for
details. Do you wish to reconnect?"

I can find no such error log, there are no errors in the windows event log
in either the client, server or domain controller machines.

If I disable windows authentication clients can connect.

The effected server machine can connect to other VNC servers on the network
(also using windows authentication) as a viewer.

What would cause VNC to stop working in this way?

Thanks in advance,

-James
Re: Real VNC Windows Authentication no longer working out of the blue [ In reply to ]
Hi James,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried that, however my support contract
has expired, do I need to buy more support?

Thanks,

-James

On 9 February 2010 12:41, James Weatherall <james.weatherall@realvnc.com>wrote:

> James,
>
> You can submit a support request regarding VNC Enterprise Edition via
> http://www.realvnc.com/support.html.
>
> From what you've described, it sounds like your Windows system's
> Application Event Log has become full, preventing VNC Enterprise Edition
> from logging audit information for incoming connections.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Wez @ RealVNC Ltd
>

> James Bowkett wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been successfully using Real VNC Enterprise Edition Server v 4.4.4
>> on
>> a Windows XP pro machine within a Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain for
>> around 18 months. I am using Windows Authentication to authenticate
>> clients
>> from other Windows XP Pro client machines. This morning the server ceased
>> to accept connections from any of my client machines, the client machine
>> receiving "An authentication error occurred. See the server error log for
>> details. Do you wish to reconnect?"
>>
>> I can find no such error log, there are no errors in the windows event log
>> in either the client, server or domain controller machines.
>>
>> If I disable windows authentication clients can connect.
>>
>> The effected server machine can connect to other VNC servers on the
>> network
>> (also using windows authentication) as a viewer.
>>
>> What would cause VNC to stop working in this way?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> -James

Cygna Negra Ltd.

91 Waterloo Road
London SE1 8RT
Tel: +44 (0)207 928 9111
Mob: +44 (0)7967 156 887
Fax: +44 (0)56 0112 7839
E-mail: jbowkett@cygnanegra.com
Re: Real VNC Windows Authentication no longer working out of the blue [ In reply to ]
You were right, I have archived off both my system and application event
logs and now VNC works with windows domain security.

Thanks for the support,

-James