Which version will I need? Enterprise?

Thank you.

Chris

RE: how to remote to clients PC for troubleshooting? [ In reply to ]
Well, the client machine has to be reachable by some sort of network or you
can forget it! RealVNC does work reasonably well over dial-up, even;
otherwise, you need to set up a "virtual server" (other terms are used)
within the broadband router. See http://www.portforward.com/ for details on
how to do this. (Port 5900). If the PC connects directly to the Internet
(e.g. by using a USB modem rather than a router) then you can connect from
your end having adjusted any firewall on the machine to allow this.

If your client is not up to configuring the necessary forwarding, then you
can run a viewer in "Listening" mode at your end and have your client
(person!) initiate the connection from the server at their end - then it's
up to you to do the port-forwarding on your own router (5500 in this
direction).

Of course, you have to have the server installed on the
machine-to-be-controlled and a viewer on your own machine. The Enterprise
Viewer is free to download and there is a free version for XP and below
which can be run on the PC. For Vista or 7 (?) you need to buy the Personal
or Enterprise versions, as the free one falls foul of the tighter security
architecture in these later versions of Windows.

Philip Herlihy