Just wondering if anyone can help me here, I am trying to find out if there is a way to connect to a PC with no public IP using some kind of server in the middle. Basically I need to be able to connect from a laptop with a mobile dongle to another laptop with another mobile dongle, the problem being these things dont give you public IPs at all. My idea is to have a server with a public IP that can accept an incoming viewer connection and an incoming listener connection from both locations at the same time and somehow pair the two. Is this possible at all?

If this isn't possible are there any other ways to do this?

Thanks
Re: No Public IPs [ In reply to ]
Paul

You should be able to use yoics,
http://www.yoics.com/2008/07/yoics-for-windows/, which can either be
used with your preferred flavor of VNC or the version of UltraVNC that
comes pre-configured with it.

You can either establish direct P2P connection using the desktop
client for connections, or also connect via a browser via yoics.com

Feel free to direct message me if you have any problems.

best

Ryo

Re: No Public IPs [ In reply to ]
> Hi All
>
> Just wondering if anyone can help me here, I am trying to find out if there is a way
> to connect to a PC with no public IP using some kind of server in the middle.
> Basically I need to be able to connect from a laptop with a mobile dongle to another
> laptop with another mobile dongle, the problem being these things dont give you public
> IPs at all. My idea is to have a server with a public IP that can accept an incoming
> viewer connection and an incoming listener connection from both locations at the same
> time and somehow pair the two. Is this possible at all?
>
> If this isn't possible are there any other ways to do this?

You can try to establish a sort of VPN connection using a software/service like
Himachi. In this way you can directly reach the remote PC.

> Thanks

Bye,
Claudio.