-is there a way to use vnc4server to share and acces the local session?

Thanks for your help
J.

vnc4server problems [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I use vnc4server on my x64 Ubuntu (in french) 9.04.
-If i start a permanent session , this session starts in english (All
links ans environnement variables are in english). How can I fix That?

- I can not use the copy/paste function from my vnc session to my
windows session, even if I check the box in the settings to allow
clipboard transfert

Re: vnc4server problems [ In reply to ]
it's vnc4server provided by ubuntu (via synaptics)

James Weatherall a écrit :
> Jerome,
>
> Are you using a version of VNC supplied with Ubuntu, or an official build
> from realvnc.com?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Wez @ RealVNC Ltd

Jérôme Redouté
Ingénieur de Recherche - Université Claude Bernard - Lyon1
CERMEP - Imagerie du vivant
Centre d'Etude et de Recherche Multimodal Et Pluridisciplinaire
59 Bd Pinel
69677 Bron - FRANCE
tel : 33 (0)4 72 68 86 13 (bureau)
tel : 33 (0)4 72 68 86 00 (standard)
fax : 33 (0)4 72 68 86 10
Re: vnc4server problems [ In reply to ]
Jérôme Redouté wrote:
> Hi,
> I use vnc4server on my x64 Ubuntu (in french) 9.04.
> -If i start a permanent session , this session starts in english (All
> links ans environnement variables are in english). How can I fix That?

That's the default login session that is showing here. In the
administrative commands, there is a program to tune and tweak the login.
Use that to change the settings you like.
> - I can not use the copy/paste function from my vnc session to my
> windows session, even if I check the box in the settings to allow
> clipboard transfert

That was never possible in the older versions. I donnot know if the
current version as an option to copy and paste text, I'm relative sure
other things cannot be copy-n-pasted.
> -is there a way to use vnc4server to share and acces the local session?

Yes, that is not in the vnc location, it is in the display or
windowmanager or session manager settings somewhere. Like sharing this
session or whatever. In the end, it also uses the vnc protocol.