string into the obfuscated password stored in the registry (like
vncpasswd do) does someone know where I can find any informations
about that ?
What are the methods used to obfuscate the clear text password maybe
something like : ascii -> UTF8 -> hex etc...

Thanks for your help.

--
Guillaume

Re: need help with winvnc and password registry [ In reply to ]
Guillaume CHARDIN wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My IT team ask me to create a tool to automatically convert some ascii
> string into the obfuscated password stored in the registry (like
> vncpasswd do) does someone know where I can find any informations
> about that ?
> What are the methods used to obfuscate the clear text password maybe
> something like : ascii -> UTF8 -> hex etc...

Yeah, UTF8 is great for this... Just joking.
Ask at stackoverflow.com and I'm sure you will get good answers.
But first try to search because I'm pretty sure it's already been asked
and answered.

Piotr Dobrogost

---
Doing concepts right implies a more formal specification of much of C++,
and requires reaching a new level of precision in the description of the
C++ standard library.

Bjarne

Re: need help with winvnc and password registry [ In reply to ]
Thanks all for your help.

I'll look further on the points you give me.

And now i know it's not an obfuscated password but a real crypted
passwd, it's gonna be harder ! :D

---
guillaume