Mailing List Archive

Security levels
I have been using the free version of VNC for home use for years. I have
been very pleased with it.
I am wondering if in the paid version if I can setup layers of users.
that is to say I would like some to be able to view only and not touch
anything on the server pc. Log in and "look or read ONLY". then have
others by log on be able to have full control.

Thanks,

Mike Byers
Quality Assurance Laboratory
Standard Motor Products
Independence - Kansas
Phone: 620-331-1000 ext 488
Fax: 620-332-1120
Email: mbyers@smpcorp.com <mailto:mbyers@smpcorp.com>
Corporate website: http://www.smpcorp.com <http://www.smpcorp.com/>
Division website: http://www.smpoe.com <http://www.smpoe.com/>

The content of this e-mail (including any attached files) is confidential and may be privileged and protected by law. It is intended solely for the purpose of the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message (inclusive of any attached files). In addition, if you are not the intended recipient of this message, any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance of the contents of this email is strictly prohibited.
RE: Security levels [ In reply to ]
Hi Mike,

The VNC Personal Edition product supports separate "admin", "viewonly" and default-access passwords. The VNC Enterprise Edition product has full integration with Windows users & groups to provide fine-grained access-control.

HTH,

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd

Re: Security levels [ In reply to ]
Yes you can. There are 2 extra modes in EE vnc - windows auth and 2
passwords - view only and full control. In windows auth you can setup
detailed security per user.