Mailing List Archive

Re: VNC (Virtual Network Computing) Problem [SOLVED]
Xandros Pilosa wrote:

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:00:50 +0200
From: Xandros Pilosa <folivora.pilosa@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: VNC (Virtual Network Computing) Problem
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

Jay Ridgley pravi:
--snip--
> > Get the following error message in a pop-up window on local:
> >
> > Connection to host "target:5900" was closed.
> >
> > This is what is going on at the time the message appears.
> >
> > 1. The GNOME Remote Desktop is invoked on target under System ->
> > Preferences -> Remote Desktop. This allows you to set your remote
access
> > preferences. I have currently installed GNOME Remote Desktop 2.22.2
The
> > Remote server is named vino. It is running.
--snip--

This sounds like:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vino/+bug/228370
Quote:
"I'm running Ubuntu Hardy. When vino-server is configured to listen only
on local interfaces, it doesn't accept connections from IPv4 addresses.
This means that "vncviewer localhost" will end up with connection refused."
You can try to deselect the "Allow only local connections" option in
Vino and see if it helps.

Regards

Xandros,

THANK YOU! That did indeed solve the problem!

Thanks to all the others who tried to help as well.

Kind regards,
Jay

--

Jay Ridgley