Mailing List Archive

display problem when connecting to a host running Virtual PC
My VNC host is running XP SP3, with the latest version of VNC Enterprise Edition (E4.5?).

Problem #1: When I run a Virtual PC on the host, and make it full screen, same display characteristics (I think 1280x1024 - fullscreen), when I subsequently connect to the host (not the VPC), it loses its full screen ability and has to scroll. Note that I'm connecting from a client that has a different display ratio - 1920x1200, which is widescreen. I've got the viewer set to preserve the aspect ratio, and Scale to window size.

Problem #2: The screen paint operations sometimes get messed up. For example, if I've scrolled down some for the main VNC window, and then start up a windows explorer, some of the top of that window may not get painted properly. If I scroll the main VNC window back up, it may re-paint properly.

I can send the RealVNC section registry capture of the host machine if needed.