I was wondering if the incompatibility with qemu/kvm (virtualization
product) for Linux is being worked on and/or known? Currently, connecting to
any VNC displays started by qemu/kvm does not work. Instead, the RealVNC
client just quits. I am using the latest release (v4.5). Any thoughts?

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I wasn't able to find much
on it via Google. Thanks.
--
Farhan Yousaf, ISP
RE: qemu/kvm virtualization support [ In reply to ]
Farhan,

The VNC Enterprise Edition E4.5 viewer is backwards compatible with software based on the RFB 3.x protocol, so it should work fine provided that the server in QEMU/KVM is RFB compatible. You can run VNC Viewer with the command-line:

vncviewer.exe -console -log=*:stderr:100

to get diagnostic output that will help determine where things are failing.

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd

Re: qemu/kvm virtualization support [ In reply to ]
James,

Err... I wanted to correct my last email... The problem is not "connection
refused" but rather the VNC window appears blank and then closes. The log
attached in the previous email is correct nonetheless. Hope that helps.

Farhan

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 6:39 AM, James Weatherall <jnw@realvnc.com> wrote:

> Farhan,
>
> The VNC Enterprise Edition E4.5 viewer is backwards compatible with
> software based on the RFB 3.x protocol, so it should work fine provided that
> the server in QEMU/KVM is RFB compatible. You can run VNC Viewer with the
> command-line:
>
> vncviewer.exe -console -log=*:stderr:100
>
> to get diagnostic output that will help determine where things are failing.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Wez @ RealVNC Ltd

Farhan Yousaf, ISP
Re: qemu/kvm virtualization support [ In reply to ]
I found that behavior of the client with vmware if you select wrong
encoding or let it auto select. Try force selecting encoding supported
by your server.

Regards,
Alex