On the client here, using the same version RealVNC viewer under WXP I
get "unable to connect to host: Connection refused (10061)". I tried
both DYNDNS and the IP from whatismyip.com that was transmitted by phone
from the host.

I cannot find a definition for "10061".

Ideas?

TY
Ray

RE: Connection refused (10061) [ In reply to ]
Ray,

The definition of Windows error 10061 is "Connection refused". It indicates that there *is* a computer on the IP address you connected to, but that it isn't running any service (VNC or otherwise) on the specified port. That most commonly means that VNC isn't running, or that the IP address refers to the wrong computer.

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd

Re: Connection refused (10061) [ In reply to ]
A few things...

I assume that since you built it, the XP firewall was opened for the
incoming port (5900 as default)...

However, the port could be blocked by:

a) Any router/switch the XP host is attached to
b) The Hughes 'modem' does not allow incoming IP connections
c) Hughes itself is blocking it before the signal is being set to the sky

Remember Hughes is very different than DSL/Cable/Fiber connections...

My .02...