I'm quite new in this area, so please bare with me.

Thanks in advance for any hints and advices.

-H?kon
Purge multiple varnish servers [ In reply to ]
In message <4760F968.7040102 at escenic.com>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=E5kon_Andreas_Jensen?= writes:

>I'm trying to figure out a way to purge multiple Varnish servers.
>Is it possible to have a master Varnish server that receives an URL
>to purge and then passes the purge on to the other servers using
>VCL.

If you have looked at that original varnish documents, you'll spot a box
labeled "cluster controller"

That was more or less what it was inteded for.

We havn't got around to writing it yet.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
Purge multiple varnish servers [ In reply to ]
Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <4760F968.7040102 at escenic.com>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=E5kon_Andreas_Jensen?= writes:
>

>> I'm trying to figure out a way to purge multiple Varnish servers.
>> Is it possible to have a master Varnish server that receives an URL
>> to purge and then passes the purge on to the other servers using
>> VCL.
>>

> If you have looked at that original varnish documents, you'll spot a box
> labeled "cluster controller"
>
> That was more or less what it was inteded for.
>
> We havn't got around to writing it yet.

Ok. Thanks for replying so quickly.

-H?kon