Im running varnish compiled from source on Debian 4.0 Etch.

Im gonna start a logjob of the memory to see if thats its the problem.

/ Erik
Varnish crashes everyday and same time [ In reply to ]
Hi again,

I made some logging of the memory and it looks fine. I also turned of VCL Trace but that didn't solved it. The crash happened again today but a few hours later then usual. I tried to start varnishd in debug mode but I cant get it to work. When I set it to -d or -d -d it starts but no connection can be made against it. Any ideas?

I forgot to mention that Im running varnish on a Virtual Server 2005 with 512 MB RAM (150 MB free) and 10 GB diskspace.

/ Erik
Varnish crashes everyday and same time [ In reply to ]
you need to write "start" after starting varnishd in debug mode.

janis
a satisfied Varnishd user :)

Varnish crashes everyday and same time [ In reply to ]
Hi,

This is what I do and what I get:
/etc/init.d/varnish start
Starting Varnish: varnishUsing old SHMFILE
rolling(2)...

It seems to me that the varnish is running? But when
trying to connect it doesn't work! Althought when I run
without -d -d or -d it works!

I would really like to commit some logdata from varnishd
but since I cant get the debug to work it has to wait :(