But Safari and Explorer handle that fine.

I think it has to do with keep-alive.

Denis
keep-alive and Firefox [ In reply to ]
In message <4FC0AFA0-F65F-49B2-BC6B-55B0266E1F64 at zeno.org>, Denis Ahrens writes
:
>Hi
>
>Somewhere around r1640 Firefox started to behave weirdly
>while loading pages from varnish.
>
>It seems to have to do with an entry in vcl_recv like:
>
> if (req.url ~ "random") {
> set req.backend = server2;
> pass;
> }
>
>But Safari and Explorer handle that fine.
>
>I think it has to do with keep-alive.

Can you get me at least a varnishlog output ?

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
keep-alive and Firefox [ In reply to ]
On 09.07.2007, at 22:24, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <4FC0AFA0-F65F-49B2-BC6B-55B0266E1F64 at zeno.org>, Denis
> Ahrens writes
> :
>> Hi
>>
>> Somewhere around r1640 Firefox started to behave weirdly
>> while loading pages from varnish.
>>
>> It seems to have to do with an entry in vcl_recv like:
>>
>> if (req.url ~ "random") {
>> set req.backend = server2;
>> pass;
>> }
>>
>> But Safari and Explorer handle that fine.
>>
>> I think it has to do with keep-alive.
>
> Can you get me at least a varnishlog output ?

oh, I'm sorry, but while diffing the logoutput
manually I recognized an interesting header:

13 TxHeader c Age: 3110952656

With r1639 the Age header is only 245s

Maybe this is it.

Denis