Thanks
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Urchin [ In reply to ]
In message <b2990fb00701030908h7fd26381o84dbd9c276364c34 at mail.gmail.com>, "Nagi
ta Karunaratne" writes:

>I am not a true sysadmin but I would like to run Varnish with a open source
>CMS hosting sites in a virtual hosting environment (apache/mysql).
>
>If your customer are using Urchin to track visitors will it be able to work
>correctly if some of the pages are cached with Varnish?

Good question.

I'm not aware of how Urchin works so I can't really give you an answer.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
Urchin [ In reply to ]
Hello Nagita,
I think there is no reasons why urchin wouldn't work.
any hit to a cached or not page would result in a hit to urchin.
Damien,

Urchin [ In reply to ]
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:

> In message <b2990fb00701030908h7fd26381o84dbd9c276364c34 at mail.gmail.com>, "Nagi
> ta Karunaratne" writes:
>
>>If your customer are using Urchin to track visitors will it be able to work
>>correctly if some of the pages are cached with Varnish?
>
> Good question.
>
> I'm not aware of how Urchin works so I can't really give you an answer.

Urchin (aka Google Analytics) is pure client side and works by requesting some
javascript from their servers from the web pages.

--
Christian Laursen
Urchin [ In reply to ]
On 1/4/07, Christian Laursen <xi at borderworlds.dk> wrote:

> Urchin (aka Google Analytics) is pure client side and works by requesting
> some
> javascript from their servers from the web pages.

Actually I was referring to Urchin 5 not the Google version.