client at the clients pace.

--
Regards Flemming Frandsen - http://dion.swamp.dk - YAPH
Feature request: Babysitter of slow clients [ In reply to ]
On Dec 4, 2006, at 14:19, Flemming Frandsen wrote:

> Varnish could help in this situation by quickly slurping up the
> content from apache, so it can return to work and passing the
> content to the client at the clients pace.

Doesn't it already? (I haven't tried Varnish yet, but that would be
one of the Must Have features). I am at the Web Builder conference
and I'm just told a bunch of people in my talk to use Varnish for
this in 2007. :^) (The slides are at http://develooper.com/talks/ )

If you don't need caching, then perlbal has some of the same
properties as Varnish and it does do the "slow feeding to clients"
thing. (And Keep-Alive connections in both directions).

http://danga.com/perlbal/

- ask

Feature request: Babysitter of slow clients [ In reply to ]
In message <46F73D5B-A56F-4A33-90C0-9E33852DDF00 at develooper.com>, =?ISO-8859-1?
Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= writes:

>On Dec 4, 2006, at 14:19, Flemming Frandsen wrote:
>
>> Varnish could help in this situation by quickly slurping up the
>> content from apache, so it can return to work and passing the
>> content to the client at the clients pace.
>
>Doesn't it already?

Only when it caches, in pass mode it doesn't (yet).

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe