Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
Senior Software Developer
Linpro AS - www.linpro.no
8 days until 1.1.2 [ In reply to ]
* Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
> I haven't started merging patches yet, but feel free to bump version
> numbers etc. in preparation for the release.
>
> See http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/Releases/1.1.1 for a list
> of bugs which I hope to fix in 1.1.2.

The relase tarball should have a specfile without the ./autogen.sh line
in redhat/varnish.spec. On the other hand, it is nifty to have this in
the svn sources, as it makes it possible to fast test builds directly
from the svn branch.

Dag-Erling, could you just add to your relase-remember-todo-list to
comment out this line in the specfile (this was not done in 1.1.1).

Ingvar

8 days until 1.1.2 [ In reply to ]
Ingvar Hagelund <ingvar at linpro.no> writes:
> The relase tarball should have a specfile without the ./autogen.sh line
> in redhat/varnish.spec. On the other hand, it is nifty to have this in
> the svn sources, as it makes it possible to fast test builds directly
> from the svn branch.

How about just making it conditional on the presence of configure?

[ -f configure ] || ./autogen.sh

That way, it will work in both cases.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
Senior Software Developer
8 days until 1.1.2 [ In reply to ]
* Ingvar Hagelund
>> The relase tarball should have a specfile without the ./autogen.sh line
>> in redhat/varnish.spec. On the other hand, it is nifty to have this in
>> the svn sources, as it makes it possible to fast test builds directly
>> from the svn branch.
* Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
>> How about just making it conditional on the presence of configure?
>>
>> [ -f configure ] || ./autogen.sh
>>
>> That way, it will work in both cases.
True, but it violates the rpm build requirements. If autogen must be run, then automake must be installed, which makes it a build requirement. We don't want to add unneccessary build requirements. Installing automake drags in all kind of stuff on redhat based systems. Most end users won't want or need that. Much easier to just change this at relase time. The change doesn't even need to be in svn.

If you want the svn source to be as close to release as "no change", I'd rather comment that line out of svn and add a note to the README.redhat on how to change that when building from svn.

Ingvar