Also, I am talking about Varnish at Velocity on Tuesday :)

Cheers
Artur
HTCP Purger [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I have written an multicast HTCP purger, essentially a perl script
that listens to HTCP purges and then purges from the local varnish. I
wrote it for use with Mediawiki, and I am wondering if I should
commit it here or over at mediawiki svn?

I might look into adding the purge code in C, I don't think it would
be hard but I was in a hurry and it was before I started looking more
at the core. Any directions on how you would want that implemented so
I don't go off in a wrong direction. Instinctively I would say a
dedicated thread listening on the multicast port.

HTCP Purger [ In reply to ]
In message <E10DDF5D-3C2A-498D-8C93-E1630C51C352 at crucially.net>, Artur Bergman
writes:

>I have written an multicast HTCP purger, essentially a perl script
>that listens to HTCP purges and then purges from the local varnish.

So this is only for HTCP CLR requests ?

We should probably integrate support for that in Varnish (after 2.0
is out the door!)

I suggest we add your perl script to the wiki somewhere, as an interrim
workaround.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
HTCP Purger [ In reply to ]

HTCP Purger [ In reply to ]
On Jun 23, 2008, at 1:26 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <E10DDF5D-3C2A-498D-8C93-E1630C51C352 at crucially.net>,
> Artur Bergman
> writes:
>
>> I have written an multicast HTCP purger, essentially a perl script
>> that listens to HTCP purges and then purges from the local varnish.
>
> So this is only for HTCP CLR requests ?

Yes

> We should probably integrate support for that in Varnish (after 2.0
> is out the door!)

Awww, that is no fun :), would you take ifdefed patches?

> I suggest we add your perl script to the wiki somewhere, as an
> interrim
> workaround.

Can I get a commit bit and commit it into the tools directory? I hate
having code on a wiki.

Cheers
Artur
HTCP Purger [ In reply to ]

HTCP Purger [ In reply to ]
In message <B8BA3625-BADA-41F7-8A07-3DF657D8EC7D at crucially.net>, Artur Bergman
writes:
>On Jun 23, 2008, at 1:26 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> In message <E10DDF5D-3C2A-498D-8C93-E1630C51C352 at crucially.net>,
>> Artur Bergman
>> writes:
>>
>>> I have written an multicast HTCP purger, essentially a perl script
>>> that listens to HTCP purges and then purges from the local varnish.
>>
>> So this is only for HTCP CLR requests ?
>
>Yes
>
>> We should probably integrate support for that in Varnish (after 2.0
>> is out the door!)
>
>Awww, that is no fun :), would you take ifdefed patches?

Sure.

>> I suggest we add your perl script to the wiki somewhere, as an
>> interrim
>> workaround.
>
>Can I get a commit bit and commit it into the tools directory? I hate
>having code on a wiki.

I'd really prefer to not put temporary tools in the source tree,
because that way it gets an official part of the release and all
that jazz.

How long is it anyway ? Can you mail it to me ?

HTCP Purger [ In reply to ]