Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]
Anders Berg <andersb at vg.no> writes:
> It also accured to me that we could link the errors to the error
> documentation. [...] I think that is easy to implement and would
> help people that may be stuck. Just throw in some links, so we will
> remember to document them later when we see the errors.

If Poul-Henning makes up a keyword for each type of error and places
the link in the error message, I'll write the documentation.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
Senior Software Developer
This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]
In message <ujroe0a8w63.fsf at cat.linpro.no>, Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgra
v?= writes:
>Anders Berg <andersb at vg.no> writes:
>> It also accured to me that we could link the errors to the error
>> documentation. [...] I think that is easy to implement and would
>> help people that may be stuck. Just throw in some links, so we will
>> remember to document them later when we see the errors.
>
>If Poul-Henning makes up a keyword for each type of error and places
>the link in the error message, I'll write the documentation.

I would prefer we don't spend too much time until we know more
about what the language will look like and do in practice.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]

This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]
I've checked in the VCL compiler stuff, but I had no luck
getting the authgen.sh script to work on my FreeBSD-current
(even after substituting s/autoconf/autoconf259/ etc).

For now I resorted to checking in the FreeBSD style makefile that
drives the compilation, but we obviouly need to get this stuff
working.

Also, the vcl compiler needs sbufs, so we need to get that
worked out/in.

This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
> "Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav" <des at des.no> writes:
> > If Poul-Henning makes up a keyword for each type of error and places
> > the link in the error message, I'll write the documentation.
> I would prefer we don't spend too much time until we know more
> about what the language will look like and do in practice.

What I was basically trying to say was "T PHK DON'T WASTE TIME WRITING
THOSE DOX K PLZ THX" :)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
Senior Software Developer
This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]

This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
> I've checked in the VCL compiler stuff, but I had no luck
> getting the authgen.sh script to work on my FreeBSD-current
> (even after substituting s/autoconf/autoconf259/ etc).

no, you need to install devel/gnu-autoconf etc. (as documented in the
wiki)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
Senior Software Developer
This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]

This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]
des at linpro.no (Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav) writes:
> "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
> > I've checked in the VCL compiler stuff, but I had no luck
> > getting the authgen.sh script to work on my FreeBSD-current
> > (even after substituting s/autoconf/autoconf259/ etc).
> no, you need to install devel/gnu-autoconf etc. (as documented in the
> wiki)

umm, as *should* have been documented in the wiki.

you need to install devel/gnu-autoconf, devel/gnu-automake and either
devel/gnu-libtool or (with the latest ports tree) devel/libtool15.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
Senior Software Developer
This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]

This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]
In message <ujr4q228q10.fsf at cat.linpro.no>, Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgra
v?= writes:
>des at linpro.no (Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav) writes:
>> "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
>> > I've checked in the VCL compiler stuff, but I had no luck
>> > getting the authgen.sh script to work on my FreeBSD-current
>> > (even after substituting s/autoconf/autoconf259/ etc).
>> no, you need to install devel/gnu-autoconf etc. (as documented in the
>> wiki)
>
>umm, as *should* have been documented in the wiki.

I'd actually prefer a COMPILING file in the source tree for that.

I hate downloading source code and then having to go somwhere else
to figure out what to do with it...

This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]

This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
> I hate downloading source code and then having to go somwhere else
> to figure out what to do with it...

source tarballs, when we get around to releasing them, will contain a
ready-to-run configure script.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav
Senior Software Developer
This VCL compiler thing... [ In reply to ]