STRING_LIST deorbit burn completed
I have removed the remaining uses of STRING_LIST in the tree, and
made vmodtool.py be slightly annoying if it is used.

vmodtool.py will get more and more annoying about this over summer
and around august 1st, it will refuse to compile it.

The replacement is of course STRANDS.

phk@FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
Re: STRING_LIST deorbit burn completed [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 9:29 AM Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> I have removed the remaining uses of STRING_LIST in the tree, and
> made vmodtool.py be slightly annoying if it is used.

Not quite:

Making all in libvmod_directors

STRING_LIST will be discontinued before the 2019-09-15 release

Please switch to STRANDS

Same for vmod-vtc.

Dridi

Re: STRING_LIST deorbit burn completed [ In reply to ]
--------
In message <CABoVN9DArXHiOJ2xaxGx-dqL1g2QhwQ9kaL6Lfa5y+LFVgs46Q@mail.gmail.com>
, Dridi Boukelmoune writes:
>On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 9:29 AM Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>>
>> I have removed the remaining uses of STRING_LIST in the tree, and
>> made vmodtool.py be slightly annoying if it is used.
>
>Not quite:

Right now I'm trying to get the message out, the annoyance will be
adjusted continuously.

Re: STRING_LIST deorbit burn completed [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 1:01 PM Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> --------
> In message <CABoVN9DArXHiOJ2xaxGx-dqL1g2QhwQ9kaL6Lfa5y+LFVgs46Q@mail.gmail.com>
> , Dridi Boukelmoune writes:
> >On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 9:29 AM Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> >>
> >> I have removed the remaining uses of STRING_LIST in the tree, and
> >> made vmodtool.py be slightly annoying if it is used.
> >
> >Not quite:
>
> Right now I'm trying to get the message out, the annoyance will be
> adjusted continuously.

My point was rather that "all uses of STRING_LIST in the tree" aren't
removed yet:

$ git grep STRING_LIST -- lib/libvmod_*
lib/libvmod_directors/vmod.vcc:$Method BACKEND .backend(STRING_LIST)
lib/libvmod_vtc/vmod.vcc:$Function VOID panic(STRING_LIST)

Dridi
Re: STRING_LIST deorbit burn completed [ In reply to ]
--------
In message <CABoVN9B+fkoTk9g0KfaqB4jt9bwhgHdKPRja468N79D_5FgnAA@mail.gmail.com>
, Dridi Boukelmoune writes:
>On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 1:01 PM Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

>My point was rather that "all uses of STRING_LIST in the tree" aren't
>removed yet:
>
> $ git grep STRING_LIST -- lib/libvmod_*
> lib/libvmod_directors/vmod.vcc:$Method BACKEND .backend(STRING_LIST)
> lib/libvmod_vtc/vmod.vcc:$Function VOID panic(STRING_LIST)

Hmm, I guess I should actually grep for STRING_LIST rather than
the functions operating on it :-)

Re: STRING_LIST deorbit burn completed [ In reply to ]
> Hmm, I guess I should actually grep for STRING_LIST rather than
> the functions operating on it :-)

I'm spoiled by git grep, it has so many killer features that I don't
see myself using anything other than git for source code :)

You can also grep in other branches without checking them out locally \o/

Dridi
Re: STRING_LIST deorbit burn completed [ In reply to ]
> Hmm, I guess I should actually grep for STRING_LIST rather than
> the functions operating on it :-)

I found an old ASAT in my garage and STRING_LIST usage is now
gone from trunk.

Dridi
Re: STRING_LIST deorbit burn completed [ In reply to ]
--------
In message <CABoVN9B933vBHquB6YOeqxhJb4h_uDw9-RO38tiPmd6feJ_WWQ@mail.gmail.com>
, Dridi Boukelmoune writes:

>I found an old ASAT in my garage and STRING_LIST usage is now
>gone from trunk.

Thanks!